Dallas Man Brutally Beaten By Thugs On Train For Telling Them To Stop Smoking Weed (Video)

A Dallas man was brutally attacked Sunday night (July 30) on a Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) train for telling his fellow passengers to stop smoking marijuana

It all started, according to Dallas Area Rapid Transit spokesman Mark Ball, with a request to stop smoking. Between 11 p.m. and midnight Sunday night, a group of seven teenagers got on a northbound Green Line train while smoking. A man asked them to stop smoking, Ball said. The teenagers, some of whom were male and some female, then attacked the man.

For more than two minutes, the teens punched and kicked the man. One teen lifted himself up using the train’s safety bars to kick the attack victim. When the victim gets off the train at the Deep Ellum station, the teens followed, continuing to stomp, kick and punch the man.

When he got up and walked back toward the train, they attacked him again. They beat the victim and hit him in the head with a skateboard until he lay on the ground, apparently unconscious.

At 12:02 a.m., paramedics took the victim to nearby Baylor University Medical Center, Ball said. DART police are investigating the incident. Anyone with information on the suspects should contact DART police at 214-928-6300.

The video of the attack has now gone viral.

“When they started smoking, I’m like, ‘Come on, man. We’re on a train. Can y’all just wait? Just wait,’ ” Kennan Jones told NBC5,

Then a young woman spat in his face, Jones said.

In the video, posted on Facebook by another passenger, a group of five to seven people is shown kicking, punching and slapping Jones. One woman yells “get him” as he tries to deflect the punches.

The fight eventually spills out onto the platform. At one point, Jones gets off the ground and starts walking. The group soon attacks again, at one point with a skateboard, until he is left motionless on the ground.

The group then piles back onto a train and continues their ride.

“In my mind I was like ‘just don’t pass out. God don’t let them kill me,’” Jones told NBC5.

DART spokesman Mark Ball said police were notified immediately and were on the scene within a few minutes.

“We apologize for this happening, especially to that customer,” Ball said, according to WFAA8. “This is not something we want happening on DART’s trains. So, we actually want to catch these individuals and we want to prosecute them.”

No one from the Dallas Police Department or DART was available for comment early Thursday.

No arrests in the case have been made. An investigation is ongoing.

After the beating, Jones, whose injuries included bruised ribs, was taken to Baylor University Medical Center, where he was treated and released.

“I’m resting in the fact that I’m alive,” Jones said.

Sources: Dallas Observer, Washington Post, and NBC5

Facebook Comments