Is Bill O’Reilly returning to Fox News?
That’s the buzz, as recent revelations exposed his accuser “Hot Chocolate” as a liar.
Turns out, the woman was arrested for filing a false police report in 2015.
Now, calls for O’Reilly’s return to Fox are getting louder and louder.
Sean Hannity and Geraldo Rivera say Bill O’Reilly should ‘come back’ to Fox News just four months after the disgraced host was fired amid sexual harassment allegations
Fox News’ Sean Hannity told former co-worker Bill O’Reilly on Monday he should return to the cable news network.
“I don’t know,” O’Reilly responded, after first joking that he was “at the beach every day” and Hannity wanted to “drag (him) back into the swamp.”
“I mean, I have to get this legal stuff done, I have to get this investigation done. This is where I’m putting my energies.”
O’Reilly left Fox in April after news he and the network settled five sexual harassment lawsuits for $13 million caused advertisers to flee his program, “The O’Reilly Factor.”
Hannity said O’Reilly’s fanbase, which helped to propel the show to one of the most watched programs on cable television, missed his voice in the political discussion.
“I think you want back in the swamp and I think you’d love it back in the swamp,” Hannity said. “Look, I know your fans would like you back on, too, and there’s not a day that goes by that people don’t ask me, ‘How’s O’Reilly doing? When is he coming back?’”
Fox’s Geraldo Rivera agreed with Hannity that O’Rielly should return, tweeting: ‘Bill O’Rielly has already done felony time for a misdemeanor, Time for work release-You don’t have to like him-it’s fair.’
In April O’Reilly was fired from the conservative cable network after allegations of sexual harassment, abuse and racial discrimination of female colleagues was revealed.
‘I think you want back in the swamp and I think you’d love it back in the swamp,’ Hannity said.
‘I’d know your friends would love you back in the swamp. There’s not a day that goes by that people don’t ask me, ‘How’s O’Reilly doing? When is he coming back?’
But rather go back behind the anchor desk, O’Reilly said he’s focusing on the ‘investigation’ into his firing from Fox News, which he thinks was a conspiracy.
O’Reilly had been a ratings monster for Fox News during his two-decade tenure, but was forced out after it was revealed five secret sexual harassment accusers were paid $13million.
‘There’s a machine that the far left has developed to harm anyone with whom they disagree,’ O’Reilly said, calling himself a ‘victim.’
‘There’s not going to be any he said, she said. Going to be stone-cold facts.’
Months following his firing, he still seems bitter about the decision.
‘Once you get a famous name, and once you’re in the political arena, the combination is devastating,’ he told the Hollywood Reporter in a lengthy interview, where he blamed the left and the media for ‘attacking’ him and plotting to ‘destroy’ him.
‘If they can get you, they’re going to get you. And so we warded it off for 20 years, and then finally, you know, all of this happened, and that was it.’
But he remains unrepentant about the claims that got him fired, claiming the accusations are false, adding that ‘stuff will come out.’
O’Reilly added to the Reporter that he appreciated Donald Trump coming to his defense when the sexual harassment claims emerged as ‘he has been in the same circumstance.’
‘The press will take any allegation and make it a conviction,’ he said.
O’Reilly insists he doesn’t miss his Fox show, adding that he was ‘under attack constantly for 16 years.’
‘The business got really nasty,’ he added. ‘Once I became No. 1, once we passed Larry King, it was every single day.
‘Then you have the business, you have the competition. I mean, you don’t think those people are sad that I’m not sitting in that chair anymore, do you?’
In fact, he claimed that Fox News coverage had suffered without him.
‘They’re still a very strong brand… But I’m a different agent. I do things differently, and that’s why we were very successful. When I watched the Harvey coverage on television, there was a sameness to it. And that would not have been the case on our show.’
O’Reilly, 67, was fired by Fox News earlier this year amid growing accusations he sexually harassed female colleagues.
Two of the women who received settlements after accusing O’Reilly of harassment, Andrea Mackris and Juliet Ruddy, stated that they believed he was masturbating when he called them up for unwanted phone sex conversations.
His ex-wife also claimed in court and divorce documents that O’Reilly had abused her, allegedly beating her and slamming her against a wall.
The news anchor still strongly denies the multiple claims. But while he seemed to accept being fired, O’Reilly said the method in which he was sacked was ‘sad.’
‘I’m not, you know, one of these guys that wants to hang on to the cliffs,’ he said. ‘You don’t want me working for you, that’s fine.
‘But the way it was done, I’m over in Rome [on vacation]. My [legal] team was caught by surprise because we had an amazing amount of exculpatory stuff that we had presented. And it just — it was sad. That’s the word, sad.’
He is now working on his own ‘operation’ to take on his ‘declining’ old employer.
The ousted Fox News star launched his comeback last month with a daily online show on his website for premium subscribers, originating from what he called a ‘new prototype studio.’
He also claims he’s fielded numerous offers to return to cable TV but hasn’t decided on anything yet. One offer that was publicly made, and rescinded, was by One America News, after O’Reilly said he wasn’t ready to commit to a long term project, he said.
Sources: Daily Mail, Washington Examiner, and Truthfeed